WHAT IS LIP BLUSHING?
It is a lip tattoo that enhances and defines your lips. It can help enhance and even out natural color or add color if you are lacking any pigment. Your lips will look darker and more like lipstick on the first day, and soften as they heal to become a subtle, natural looking lip tint. Apply a little gloss or balm and your lips are perfectly kissable!
What is Lip Hyperpigmentation Neutralization ?
Lip Neutralization is just another name for a cosmetic tattoo treatment that is utilized for clients whose natural base undertone, (the natural color on their lips) is cool/dark. Simply adding the desired color on top of those tones would have undesirable results. The cool undertone must first be transformed to a neutral tone prior to enhancing the color to the desired result.
WHO ARE THESE TREATMENTS FOR?
These treatments are wonderful for clients who wish to enhance / even out their natural color, wish to have a more dramatic over all lip color, or in cases of darker/cooler lips want a more neutral color that can then be enhanced.
Lip PMU will give you those perfectly kissable lips all day every day without the hassle of lips stains or sticks, thus elevating your lip color and accentuating your natural shape for that perfect pout.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Results will always vary from person to person, after your initial session and the touch up, your results should last between 2-5 years. Additional touch ups may be required depending on the person and look desired. Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink. After getting lip blush, you can still wear lipsticks and lip colors to switch up your look, if you like—but many lip blush clients are happy to go without lip makeup.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- There will be moderate swelling, redness and bruising for the first 5 days.
- Apply a Ziploc bag filled with water and ice for no more than 15 minutes at a time to reduce swelling.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- Expect the color to eventually lighten by up to 40% once the healing process is complete.
- Color may appear uneven at different stages of healing. Be patient. This is a process that does not yield immediate results.
DOES LIP BLUSHING HURT?
Pain levels vary from person to person. Strong medical grade topical anesthetic cream is used before and during your procedure to keep you as pain free as possible.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
The procedure takes about 2 hours. The consolation and prep work take a good portion of that time. I want to make after we have discussed your concerns and I've drawn out a shape that we are both on the same page before I start the procedure. Once we are both happy, I will apply numbing cream for 20-30 mins then we will start the process. During that time the non-toxic ink can get in your mouth which doesn't taste the best, but is ingestible and non-toxic.
WILL I STILL HAVE TO WEAR LIPSTICK? AND CAN OTHER COLORS STILL LOOK THE SAME ON TOP?
This is up to the look each individual is trying to achieve. The colors I tattoo with are natural and intended to look very natural. We can certainly enhance your natural color or add color if your lacking, or add a specific tint that you’re looking for, but it remains soft and natural. That way when you do decide to change it up and want to wear lipstick it will still look great over top, and can cover you tattoo with whatever color we decide to use.
CAN LIP BLUSHING BE DONE ON ANYONE/ EVERYONE?
lip blushing is not for everyone. please read the contraindications carefully. if any of the following apply to you, this procedure is not recommended...
If you have previous cosmetic tattooing, send an email (before booking!!) with a picture or book a 15-minute consultation before booking your appointment.
- You are a smoker (pigment may not retain properly, colors may distort). ...If you have a history of MRSA
- You have psoriasis in the treatment area.
- You have an auto-immune disease.
- You have thyroid/graves’ disease (medication may cause pigment to not retain properly). ...You have anemia (pigment may not retain properly).
- You have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
- You are currently undergoing chemotherapy.
- You are pregnant or nursing. (You cannot have this service. No exceptions.)
- You have Diabetes type 1 or 2 (due to slow healing and infection, color may or may not retain well).
- If you are under a doctor’s care and have questions at ALL about being able to have this procedure, it is your responsibility to meet with your doctor and get written approval.
- If you are prone to cold sores, please see instructions below.
** Please note.... even if none of the above apply, lip blushing cannot be guaranteed. This is a cosmetic tattooing procedure, the skin can be unpredictable, it is up to your skin to retain the pigment. Generally, results are successful, however, due to skin type, healing or bleeding during procedure, some results can differ**
if you show up to your scheduled session and decide not to proceed because one or more of the above is present, your booking fee is still non-refundable, and you will be charged a late cancel fee $100.
If you are prone to cold sores, lip tattooing CAN cause outbreaks, which can result in loss of pigment. We ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication starting 48 hours prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent outbreak. You can still have lip blushing done!!! We just want to ensure you get the best results possible. Consult with your doctor for any additional questions. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you show up with any type of outbreak your appointment is considered cancel and you forfeit your deposit.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY LIP BLUSHING SESSION? BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. **I recommend NOT using these products over or around the tattooed area after you receive your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading and distortion of color. **
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the area to be tattooed at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area less than one week prior.
- Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. Due to unwanted elements Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Bring in your favorite lip color if you have a specific color you’re wanting to achieve
- If you have existing cosmetic tattooing, you need to contact me BEFORE booking your appointment.
if you don’t consider these instructions and we need to cancel your appointment day of, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of $100